Thanks to our quarterly driver surveys, we have decided to implement a driver pay increase.
As you may know, we are conducting driver surveys on a quarterly basis. The purpose of these surveys is to collect feedback and identify areas where we can improve. We ask you to always encourage your drivers to participate in these surveys.
In our most recent driver survey, we received 122 responses. Of those:
- 95% said they felt encouraged to always drive safely.
- 93% said they felt their driver manager treats them with respect.
Additionally, drivers’ feedback indicated that the Benefit Pay & Detention Pay were two areas of our driver compensation package that needed to be improved. The feedback has prompted us to make the following adjustments…
Effective July 1, 2022:
- Sick Pay will increase from $50/day to $75/day.
- Bereavement Pay will increase from $50day to $150day.
- Holiday Pay will increase from $100/day to $150/day.
- Approved Detention Pay will increase from $12/hour to $20/hour.
While we do not want drivers to be detained on shipments, when they are, we want to make sure their weekly earnings potential is not negatively impacted. This increased rate of detention pay is intended to provide a better balance of income on occasions when a loss of production/miles is a result of customer delay.