The Senior Freight Broker is responsible for overseeing & executing daily freight assignments within designated region to ensure shipments are covered in a timely and cost-effective manner, with qualified carriers who meet NAPA’s criteria for hire. This position is also responsible for executing solutions for failed shipments. The Senior Truckload Coverage Representative is also responsible for coaching & supporting a high performing brokerage service team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Source and secure freight opportunities to maximize booked load volume daily through high volume inbound & outbound calls.
- Manage exceptions report; ensure 100% of booked shipments dispatched prior to end of day, daily.*
- Delegate duties as needed to ensure freight coverage of all shipments within region.
- Develop & execute load posting strategy.
- Develop & communicate freight coverage strategy to ensure freight execution.
- Effectively negotiate to minimize carrier freight costs on a per load basis based on market trends.
- Communicate information timely & consistently to Drivers, Carriers & Customers.
- Generate new carriers and further develop relationships with existing carriers to increase total carrier capacity and drive more booked load volumes.
- Utilize load boards to match freight with carrier capacity to drive efficiency, speed & volume of loads covered. (DAT, TruckerTools, TruckStop.com).
- Negotiate with carriers to maximize reload & continuous movement opportunities.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to all customers (Internal Customers, External Customers, Carriers, and Drivers).Respond to emails within 20 minutes of receipt.
- Drive continuous improvement of carrier frequency ratio (total loads delivered/total carriers delivered) per month.
- Serve as point of escalation for any load-by-load issues requiring guidance or approval (i.e. carrier accessorial approval, OS&D process support, carrier relations escalation, etc.)
- Accurately enter and maintain up to date information on a continuous basis in TMW.
- Meet or exceed customer and company expectations for Trucker Tools tracking compliance.
- Meet or exceed key performance metrics for total calls daily (inbound/outbound), minimum total phone time daily (inbound & outbound), volume of loads booked monthly, tracking compliance, and other metrics determined by the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience: 3-5 years; experience in logistics, sales or a related field preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors’ degree preferred or commensurate experience.
This position is responsible for coaching, influencing, motivating and supporting a high performing brokerage services team. Including, but not limited to: participate in the interview process; train and develop new employees; coach and mentor existing employees.
Founded in 1991, NAPA Transportation, Inc. (NAPA) is a family owned & operated truckload carrier that provides logistical solutions for companies across the United States. Ronald Accomando founded NAPA with just 4 trucks and a specific vision in mind. After spending years as a Driver himself, Ron envisioned a workplace where Drivers were treated with respect and not just known by their truck number. He wanted his company to be driver focused and have a family feel culture.
Since then, Ron’s son, Nic has taken the wheel from his dad and now runs the day-to-day operation as the President. Through hard work and the determination to succeed, NAPA has continued to grow, year after year. Today, NAPA operates over 1900 pieces of company-owned equipment and proudly employs over 500 hardworking employees (throughout 5 terminals) while continuing to uphold our unique family culture.
Visit http://www.napatran.comto know more.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance