The Director of Safety will lead and direct the safety program for NAPA Transportation, Inc. This position is responsible for managing the operational functions of the Safety Team, as well as developing and administering effective driver safety initiatives, metrics and reporting mechanisms; while ensuring compliance with all company, state and federal regulations.
- Manage & oversee Safety Team’s daily functions for optimal performance.
- Provide on-going communication and coaching to Drivers, along with Field Safety Representatives and when necessary, administer corrective action and performance improvement plans to Drivers, including documentation of issues and recommendations for continued improvement.
- Collaborate with Drivers, Field Safety Representatives and Operations to develop and implement safety programs to ensure compliance and industry-leading safety standards and initiatives, as well as promote a comprehensive culture of safety.
- Manage and ensure timely completion of ongoing safety initiatives including but not limited to: Driver of the Month, Driver of the Year, Monthly Safety Bonus, etc.
- Develop and recommend consistent strategies for the prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Provide effective and timely reporting mechanisms to monitor ongoing safety and compliance efforts.
- Investigate injuries and accidents and report in a timely manner, including on scene investigation to determine root cause(s) and preventative measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure operation is 100% compliant at all times with all Local, State and Federal regulations & reporting, including remaining current with all regulations.
- Train, develop and coach Safety Team.
- 10+ years of industry experience required. Prior supervisory experience required. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with ability to coach, influence, motivate and support a high performing team.
- A high school diploma or GED required. Bachelors’ degree preferred or commensurate experience.
NAPA proudly offers an innovative and dynamic culture, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement & much more!