*ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION with UNCAPPED BONUS POTENTIAL!!!
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, MONTHLY BONUS OPPORTUNITY & MORE TIME OFF!
The Logistics Coordinator (Freight Broker) is responsible for developing and growing NAPA Transportation, Inc. / Northeast Logistic (NEL) relationships and business with carriers. Freight Brokers focus on building relationships to provide cost-effective logistics solutions for NAPA/NEL customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Creates and manages individual portfolio of accounts through constant communication with carriers.
- Executes daily freight assignments to ensure shipments are covered in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Sources and secures new and existing carriers.
- Effectively negotiates carrier freight costs on a per load basis based on market trends.
- Manages load boards to match freight with carrier capacity.
- Develops, establishes and maintains relationships with carriers in the truckload marketplace.
- Manages carrier network to ensure proper levels of service.
- Utilizes data driven resources to make informed buying decisions.
- Provides consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers.
- Markets and creates NEL solutions and value to customers and/or transportation providers.
- Navigates NEL software to manage daily operational load management tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- No experience required. Prior sales or customer service experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors’ degree preferred or commensurate experience.
- Excellent written, listening, verbal and organizational skills;
- Ability to plan and organize workload; strong work ethic; driven and competitive nature; meet all deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize based on company objectives; work confidentially & professionally.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a team; above average interpersonal skills; above average computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, data entry systems). Strong knowledge of company policy & procedures and DOT regulations.
- 4 days on, 4 days off; 7AM-7PM on weekdays & 7AM-5PM on weekends
- Monday- Friday
Founded in 1991, NAPA Transportation, Inc. (NAPA) is a family owned & operated truckload carrier that provides logistical solutions for companies across the United States. Ronald Accomando founded NAPA with just 4 trucks and a specific vision in mind. After spending years as a Driver himself, Ron envisioned a workplace where Drivers were treated with respect and not just known by their truck number. He wanted his company to be driver focused and have a family feel culture.
Since then, Ron’s son, Nic has taken the wheel from his dad and now runs the day-to-day operation as the President. Through hard work and the determination to succeed, NAPA has continued to grow, year after year. Today, NAPA operates over 1900 pieces of company-owned equipment and proudly employs over 500 hardworking employees (throughout 5 terminals) while continuing to uphold our unique family culture.
Visit http://www.napatran.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance