UNCAPPED BONUS POTENTIAL!!!
The Freight Broker is responsible for executing daily freight assignments within designated region/customer to ensure shipments are covered in a timely and cost-effective manner, with qualified carriers who meet NAPA’s criteria for hire. This position is also responsible for executing solutions for failed shipments.
- Provide high volume inbound & outbound call center support to drivers, carriers & customers.
- Execute daily freight assignments within designated region to ensure shipments are covered in a timely and cost-effective manner, with qualified carriers who meet NAPA’s criteria for hire.
- Effectively negotiate to minimize carrier freight costs on a per load basis based on market trends.
- Communicate information timely & consistently to Drivers, Carriers & Customers.
- Generate new carriers and further develop relationships with existing carriers to increase total carrier capacity and drive more booked load volumes.
- Utilize load boards to match freight with carrier capacity to drive efficiency, speed & volume of loads covered. (DAT, TruckerTools, TruckStop.com).
- Negotiate with carriers to maximize reload & continuous movement opportunities.
- Accurately enter and maintain up to date information on a continuous basis in TMW.
- Ensure 100% of booked shipments dispatched prior to end of day, daily.
- Determine & execute solutions for failed shipments/orders.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to all customers (Internal Customers, External Customers, Carriers, and Drivers).Respond to emails within 20 minutes of receipt.
- Meet or exceed customer and company expectations for Trucker Tools tracking compliance.
- Meet or exceed key performance metrics for total calls daily (inbound/outbound), minimum total phone time daily (inbound & outbound), volume of loads booked monthly, tracking compliance, and other metrics determined by the business.
- Performs other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
- 2-3 years; experience in logistics, sales or a related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors’ degree preferred or commensurate experience.
- Excellent written, listening, verbal and organizational skills;
- Ability to plan and organize workload; strong work ethic; driven and competitive nature; meet all deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize based on company objectives; work confidentially & professionally.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a team; above average interpersonal skills; above average computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, data entry systems). Strong knowledge of company policy & procedures and DOT regulations.
- Competitive Compensation
- Pay Increases (based on performance)
- Career Advancement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Great Benefits
- 401k with company match
NAPA proudly offers an innovative and dynamic culture, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement & much more!