NAPA's Driver Manager provides front-line leadership to a group of Drivers. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of our Drivers by dispatching, monitoring, tracking and communicating with them.
- Manage and provide on-going direction to Drivers by setting clear expectations regarding safety, DOT compliance and on-time performance.
- Monitor freight movement and ensure safe, on-time (93.5% or better) delivery.
- Manage Driver performance, ensuring DOT compliance.
- Manages Driver retention (<50% turnover).
- Tracks Drivers and tractors to maximize utilization.
- Communicates all late running loads to Load Planners.
- Provides accurate, timely and complete movements and daily Driver updates.
- Coordinates equipment maintenance problems with the appropriate members(s) of the maintenance department.
- Refers any unresolved Driver issues to Team Fleet Lead.
- Performs other duties as determined by business needs.
- 2-3 Years of industry experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Above average computer skills.
- Strong ability to multitask & meet all deadlines.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulatory requirements.
NAPA proudly offers an innovative and dynamic culture, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement & much more!